Terms & Conditions
This document is an electronic record in terms of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the rules there on electronic records as applicable and amended. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
Please read the following terms and conditions very carefully as your use of the Website and associated Services (as defined below) is subject to your acceptance of and compliance with the following terms and conditions including the applicable policies which are incorporated herein by way of reference and as amended from time to time (the "Terms and conditions").
ACCESSING, BROWSING OR OTHERWISE USING THE WEBSITE, SERVICES AND APP INDICATES YOUR AGREEMENT TO ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS herein, SO PLEASE READ THE TERMS and conditions CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING. By impliedly or expressly accepting these Terms and Conditions of use of the website, You also accept and agree that you have read, understood and are bound by these Terms and conditions, regardless of how you/RD member subscribe to or use the Services. If you do not want to be bound by the Terms and Conditions, you must not use the Website or the RD Services.
In these Terms, references to "You" or "User" or "RD member" shall mean the end user accessing the Website/RD services, its contents or using the RD Services offered. "RD Services" means a collective reference to the Rishta Dobara service provided by rishtadobara.com, a product of the parent company- Inscomont Services, under the provisions of companies act, 2013 and having its registered office at A-105, Nisarg Alliance, Choudhary Park, Wakad, Pune- 411057 (Maharashtra).
Rishta Dobara [RD] acts as a platform to enable any user to register themselves on it (by filling in the mandatory fields and optional fields, if any) to voluntarily search for profile(s) from the database of RD’s already registered users, for seeking prospective lawful matrimonial alliances for themselves. RD retail store may also be able to assist you to create your profile, however, you must have a valid/operational mobile phone number and an email id.
The profiles in the database of RD are classified broadly based on marital status, religion, language and region for the ease and convenience of its members/customers.
RD Members are provided with free/paid access for searching profiles from the database of RD, as per the partner preference set by you(on the Website/Applications - App) and you shortlist the prospective alliances yourself.
RD Membership is guided by the terms and conditions mentioned herein below. By using or accessing the RD Services, you agree to be bound by all the terms and conditions ("Agreement"):
RD does not authenticate any information of any profile and hence you as a user need to verify the credentials and information provided by other users.
1. Eligibility :
A) RD Membership and rights of admission are reserved solely for :
- Indian Nationals & Citizens.
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO).
- Non-Resident Indians (NRI).
- Persons of Indian Descent or Indian Heritage
- Persons who intend to marry persons of Indian Origin
B) Further in capacity as RD member, you confirm that you are :
- 18 years or above (if you are a woman) or 21 years or above (if you are a man);
- Legally competent to marry as per the law applicable to you (however you may register on our website/App by stating "Awaiting Divorce"), and
- Not prohibited or prevented by any applicable law for the time being in force from entering into a valid marriage.
A. We expect that you would complete the online registration process with fairness and honesty while furnishing your personal information to RD. You would appreciate that efficient and effective match-making through our automated system depends upon you furnishing true, accurate, current, complete information and photos etc. We expect you to read the relevant column before keying in the details or selecting the option available or uploading the photo. You are requested not to key in details of the profile in a field other than the applicable field (including mentioning IDs on other platforms/websites/Apps or repeating your details in other fields, after filling them once in the relevant fields or other photographs. You further undertake that you alone shall be responsible or liable for any information provided to RD. To serve you better if RD requires additional details, you agree to provide them. RD shall reproduce the registered member details on an "as is as available" basis to other registered members, and RD members shall be solely liable for the information given by such RD members. You may also give us a call at any of our mentioned phone numbers to assist you in getting your profile registered on our website/App. Further, you may fill in your email id and phone number in any of our registration campaigns appearing on various websites as part of our advertisements, basis which you may receive calls from our Customer Service Center and assist you in getting your profile registered on our website/App. RD may also reproduce your profile information in other consortia of websites owned by us to provide better prospects to you.
B. If at any point in time RD comes to know or is so informed by the third party or has reasons to believe that any information provided by you for registration (including photos) or otherwise is found to be untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete then RD shall have full right to suspend or terminate (without any notice) your RD membership and forfeit any amount paid by you towards RD membership fee and refuse to provide RD service to you thereafter.
C. RD also reserves the right to block the registration of your profile on the Website/App, if any, in the case of your contact details/links being entered in irrelevant fields or if there are errors in any data entered by the RD members in their profile.
D. Registration of duplicate profiles of the same person is not allowed on RD Website/App. RD shall have full right to suspend or terminate (without any notice) such duplicate profile.
E. RD Membership is restricted strictly to the registered RD individual member only. Organizations, companies, businesses and/or individuals carrying on the similar or competitive business cannot become Members of RD and nor use the RD Service or RD members' data for any commercial purpose, and RD reserves its right to initiate appropriate legal action for breach of the obligation.
User Verification Process: Mobile Number | Email ID | Government ID
- We verify each & every user’s mobile number by using OTP authentication. While registering on the Rishta Dobara web app we ask for the mobile number & OTP to authenticate the user.
- We verify the email ID of users who have been mentioned in the contact details. A verification URL is sent to users on their email to verify the user.
- We verify the government id of every user who registers on the platform. Without government id verification users' profiles will not be approved by the system.
Features & Services:
From time to time, RD may offer products and services for purchase (“in-app purchases”) through various payment platforms authorised by RD. If you choose to make an in-app purchase, you will be prompted to confirm your purchase with the applicable payment provider, and your method of payment (be it your card or a third-party account such as Google Pay, Paytm, etc.) will be charged for the in-app purchase at the prices displayed to you for the service(s) you've selected as well as any sales or similar taxes that may be imposed on your payments, and you authorise RD or the third - party account, as applicable, to charge you.
- Privacy Features:
- RD understands and respects the privacy of its users. We have entitled every user with the authority to share their contact details only if and when they have allowed it
- Other users can access your contact details, only if you choose to accept their request
- Preference Features:
- RD provides a platform to search for a life partner according to your expectations. For that, we provide a detailed expectation form and in return, our automated system offers the best matching profiles
- To make the profile searching experience more user-friendly, RD offers a filter option.
- Setting the filter as per the user’s need will show all matching profiles in the search result list
- Communication features:
- RD users having purchased any paid plan, can send the “Connect Request” to profiles of their choice
- Users interested in any profile may express their interest by sending them a connect request. Those profiles will be notified and if they choose to accept your request they will share their contact details with you.
- Every user, depending on the plan activated on their account, will be able to send or receive a certain number of requests
- Protective Features:
- RD is obliged to serve as per the wish of our users. So, when a user needs a break from searching for his match, he can raise a request to deactivate his profile from settings, with just one click.
- RD respects the “right to choose” of our users. So, all our users have complete freedom to accept or decline requests they may have received from other users.
- Users can report the user, whom they think might have obligated their personal space and privacy by any means.
3. Eligibility :
- RD is an endeavour to help you find your dream life partner (prospect) through automated searching, shortlisting and contacting prospects amongst our registered members.
- RD reproduces your details once you register on our website /App on an "as is as available" basis and also shares your profile with other registered RD members within our consortium of website(s).
- RD only must provide an interface to its registered members to search for their prospects themselves without any assistance from third parties/persons from amongst the other registered members of the Website/App. You agree that the system-generated search results of RD are only of the profiles of registered members on the Website/App.
- RD's automated system offers matchmaking profiles between its registered members based on the partner preference set by each such RD member.
- The search conducted by any RD member and the results thereof is automatically generated and based on the partner preference set by you. In the event an RD member changes their partner preference on the Website/App, then the automated system-generated prospect results of the Website/App may also undergo corresponding change.
- RD cannot guarantee or assume responsibility for any specific results from the use of the data available from the RD service or the consortium of websites/portals.
- The RD members agree and understand that RD may also allow third parties to provide RD members services on the website like horoscope matching etc., and RD may also collect the payment for such third-party services from you.
- RD shall safeguard sensitive user information using authentication mechanisms, access controls and encryption techniques.
- RD cannot guarantee the complete protection of user data while it is in transit or prevent any tampering of the data by a third party with malicious intent before the data reaches the RD servers
- RD only must provide an interface to its registered members to search for their prospects themselves without any assistance from third parties/persons from amongst the other registered members of the Website/App. RD cannot guarantee or take responsibility for the communication failure between the users.
4. Role and Responsibility of RD Member:
- To protect the broader interest of the registered RD member and increase efficiency, RD members ensure to keep their username and password/OTP safe and confidential for using the RD services.
- Any additional information/data required by RD for using the RD services shall be provided by the RD Member, as and when so sought by RD.
- In case partner preference is modified by an RD member, then the automated system-generated prospect search results in the website/app may also undergo corresponding changes.
- RD members are requested to exercise due care and caution while shortlisting the prospect and satisfy themselves before choosing your match through adequate efforts, initiatives and due diligence. RD shall not be liable for shortcoming due to any misrepresentations made by any of its RD members.
- RD Members are expected to verify the credentials of the prospect such as family status, marital status, educational qualifications, financial status, occupation, character, health status, etc.
- To get better search results, RD Members are expected to provide the latest photograph which should not be more than 3 months old. Providing old photographs/ photographs of others, inaccurate or false information shall be treated as a violation of terms and conditions and RD shall retain their right under clause 2 (b) of these terms and conditions.
- RD members are expected to disclose their health records during profile enrollment which includes any pre-existing illness, physical disability etc. Non - disclosure at the time of enrollment shall be treated as a violation of the terms and conditions and RD shall retain their right under clause 2 (b) of these terms and conditions.
- H. RD Members are expected to refrain from :
- Entering into any financial transactions with prospects.
- Sharing of confidential and personal data with each other but not limited to sharing of bank details, etc.
- violating any law for the time being in force
- From mentioning details of other matrimonial services while sending personalised messages.
- RD Members are expected to be cautious of prospects who ask for favours, money etc or call from multiple phone numbers, only interact over the phone, don't come forward for face-to-face meetings (physically or through video calls) and don’t involve family and friends in matchmaking. Beware of suspended profiles status before you finalise an alliance with the prospect.
- The RD members agree that for getting effective search results of prospects on the Website/App you will regularly login to the profile maintained in the Website/App and send an expression of interest which is an automated message to prospects as a free RD member, and in the event, you have availed paid RD package, you can send personalised messages to prospects to show your expression of interest/replies. RD members also may review the expression of interest sent to you /read the messages sent to you by prospects and may respond suitably.
- You also agree that while accessing/using the Website/App, you will be guided by the terms and conditions of the Website/App including but not limited to the use of a feature of the website/App like viewing the horoscope of prospects, enhancing privacy settings (photo/ horoscope/phone number) or for viewing the social and professional profile of members on their Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- RD members shall not assign or transfer your RD membership to any other person or entity, and such an act shall be treated as a violation of terms and conditions and RD shall retain their right under clause 2 (b) of these terms and conditions.
- If the RD Member fails to inform RD, about any change in the particulars furnished by the RD member to another RD member, then the RD membership may be suspended by RD at its sole discretion
- RD Members agree to use secure devices, software and networks for accessing the RD services.
- RD Members shall not probe, scan or test the vulnerabilities of the RD Website/App or any network connected to the Website/App nor breach the security measures instituted by RD.
5. Interactions With Other Users:
Though RD strives to encourage a respectful user experience through features like the Chat that only allows users to communicate if they have both indicated interest in one another, it is not responsible for the conduct of any user on or off of the Service. You agree to use caution in all interactions with other users, particularly if you decide to communicate off the Service or meet in person. Also, you agree to review and follow RD’s Safety Tips before using the Service. You agree that you will not provide your financial information (for example, your credit card or bank account information), or otherwise send money to other users.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT RD DOES NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ITS USERS OR OTHERWISE INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUND OF ITS USERS. RD MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF USERS.
6. Customer Care / Customer Service:
In the event you come across any concerns about our service, then please be free to contact us:
Email ID: email@example.com
Contact No: +91 89564 52071 / +91 89560 74902
Address: 2nd Floor, Royal Empress, Baner Road, Near Prabhavee Tech Park, Veerbhadra Nagar, Baner, Pune, Maharashtra 411045.
7. The medium of Communication with RD Members:
- RD members hereby consent for receiving communication including promotional communications through any medium of communication such as Emails and /or SMS/Calls from a consortium of portals owned by or their alliance partners.
- RD may contact the RD member through any of the above media to share the profile of the prospect by way of internal messages/links. An RD member confirms that the mobile number to it for verification or an alternative number if any is provided, is not registered with the Do Not Disturb / National Customer Preference Register and they shall not initiate any complaint. RD Member further confirms that even if RD Member is registered with the telecom service provider under the category Do Not Disturb / National Customer Preference Register the calls from RD either to the verified mobile number or alternative number if any is provided shall not be treated as promotional calls.
- You are also entitled to set up your communications frequency from RD, like - only on weekends or fortnightly etc. You may also opt for not getting any call from RD by ticking the appropriate box in the Website/App, provided that you agree to receive calls from the Relationship Manager of Personalised Matrimony/Prime Matrimony for contacting you as a shortlisted profile for their registered members.
- RD has reasonable processes and systems in place to maintain the confidentiality of all personal information other than those meant for sharing with the prospect furnished by RD members and RD may at its sole discretion and cost take bonafide steps for maintaining the confidentiality of the information in compliance with applicable law. However, RD/RD members may divulge such information if required by law.
- Any feedback you provide to RD shall be deemed to be non-confidential. RD shall be free to use such feedback/information on an unrestricted basis. Further, by the feedback, you represent and warrant that (i) your feedback does not contain confidential or proprietary information of yourself or third parties; (ii) RD member is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, concerning the feedback; (iii) you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from RD for the feedback under any circumstances.
- You agree that RD has all the right to process your data through the automated process to serve you with suitable profiles (based on your set partner preference) from RD or its consortium of websites and may also send you communication in this regard.
9. Privacy of Membership:
- RD has taken reasonable steps to protect the RD member's privacy and shall take all reasonable efforts to protect any personal data provided to us through reasonable security safeguards against such risks as loss or unauthorised use, destruction, use, modification or disclosure of data etc.
- Although we will strive to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information, any information transacted over the Internet cannot be made secure. You also agree that copying the data by using technology or any other new methods of data misuse/theft cannot be secured by RD and that RD will have no liability for any such act. An RD member understands and agrees that RD will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission or unauthorised acts of third parties. You also agree to keep your username and password confidential, to avoid any misuse of your profile on our Website/App.
- You agree that, when you use third-party services through the Website/App, you hereby grant RD the right to share the information needed for providing such third party services to you or with processing your information for office use of RD/its payment gateway and/or such third-party service providers.
10. Grievance Officer:
In the event, you come across any violation by another user including but not limited to having content on the website that is obscene, menacing, grossly offensive, harming minors, infringing copyright, patents, etc., or another user is impersonating etc. you may then please be free to provide your concerns in writing or email us with a digital signature to firstname.lastname@example.org The Grievance officer shall be available between 10 am till 6 pm Indian Standard Time from Monday to Saturday excluding Sundays and public holidays in India. The Grievance officer is appointed as per Rule 3 (11) of The Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011. All complaints to the Grievance Officer shall be in writing
The Grievance Officer shall handle complaints about the following violation by the User of computer resource as the User is not entitled to host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information on the Website/App that -
- belongs to another person and to which the User does not have any right;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing; impersonate another person;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
11. Disputes between Members:
- You and the prospect are both registered RD members and are bound by these terms and conditions. We request you follow the guidelines of safe matrimony and give truthful information about yourself on the Website/App to avoid disputes between you and the prospect.
- RD is not a broker or the agent of any RD member, and RD does not partake in the exchange of any kind of discussion between the RD members and prospects or the results of their discussion.
- RD members are solely responsible for communications (through any medium) with a prospect or vice versa. RD expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for any transaction(s) or exchange(s) or interaction(s) or the passing of information(s) etc. between any RD members via e-mail, chat, interaction or any other medium of communication between RD members either using website /App or otherwise.
- RD has no obligation to monitor any such disputes arising between the RD members, and RD shall not be a party to any such dispute/litigation etc.
12. Content Right:
- www.rishtadobara.com is a domain registered in the name Rishta Dobara. You agree that all content of RD belongs to excluding your or third party content including advertisement on the Website/App for which RD has requisite license/right in terms hereof to display the same on our Website/App.
- You acknowledge that you are responsible for the content (mandatory or optional content you provided on our website) and information including the profile details, photograph and other content(s) keyed in the relevant field of the Website/App at the time of the creation of the RD profile or subsequently modified by you and also for all the post and communication (including personalized messages sent by RD paid members) with other member/s. You hereby represent and warrant that you own all rights, titles and interests in your content/information or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to provide the said content/information. However, by submitting the content/information to RD, you hereby grant RD a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, publish, communicate to the public, law enforcement agencies, courts, and the RD's business and services, including without limitation for promoting, communicating to the public and redistributing part or all of the content/information (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. RD also reserves the right to block the registration of your profile on the Website/App, if any, in the case of your contact details/links being entered in irrelevant fields or if there are errors in data entered by the RD members in their profile.
- While RD does not accept any obligation to monitor the content/information, if the content/information is found not to comply with these Terms, then RD may delete the content/information and/or terminate or suspend your registration or (without a refund of any subscription paid by you in terms of clause 2 (b) of these terms and conditions). You agree that if the situation warrants RD may at its sole discretion put a restriction on any RD member to other members’ communications.
- RD reserves the right to suspend/delete the profile of the users who appropriate the name, likeness, email address, contact no or other personally identifiable information of another individual and RD also reserves its right to initiate appropriate legal action against such individual/organization, as and when RD get the knowledge of the same.
- RD is a brand owned by InscoMont Services Pvt Ltd. Inscomont owns, retains and has complete rights in RD and the RD Website /App/ RD Service.
- RD reserves the right to proceed/initiate appropriate steps under the prevailing law against infringement by violators of its proprietary rights or for illegally copying, modifying, publishing, transmitting, distributing, performing, displaying, or selling of any such proprietary information including using it for commercial purpose in any manner whatsoever.
- In the event, we get a complaint against you and consequently we have suspended/deleted your profile in good faith, then we shall not be liable to you in any manner whatsoever, including for any loss, costs, expenses, or consequence, if any.
13. Third-Party website:
- The RD members agree and understand that RD may also allow third parties to provide RD members services on the website/App like horoscope matching etc., and RD may also collect the payment for such third party services to you, and RD in this regard can have revenue sharing arrangement with a such third party, however, in no event shall RD be liable to you for such third party services.
- RD reserves the right to add/delete/alter/modify/suspend any or all the RD Services at any time as it may deem fit, without notice. The RD members are expected to see the change on the Website/App.
14. Limitation of liability:
- RD likes to inform you that the exchange of profile(s) through or by RD should not in any way be construed as a matrimonial offer and/or recommendation and/or advice or guarantee given to the RD member, from/ or by RD.
- RD or its Office-bearers shall under no circumstances be liable or responsible to the RD member or his/her authorised Representative or Guardian or any third party for any direct, indirect, special, exemplary, incidental, or consequential damages of any character including, without limitation, damages resulting from the use of our Website/App Third Party Website/ RD services.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, RD's liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to RD, for any specific RD paid package, and no further.
- RD will not be liable in case of any wrong match made due to any available data/profiles from the RD/’s consortium of websites.
- RD or its office bearers shall under no circumstances be liable if any, RD member enters into a financial transaction with any prospect or third party.
- RD or its office bearers shall under no circumstances be liable if any RD member’s approaching other RD members for the matrimonial alliance, is not responded to/ reciprocated by the other registered RD member(s).
15. Class Action Suits:
You and RD acknowledge that neither of us will bring or participate in any class action or other class proceeding in connection with any dispute with the other party. Further, neither you nor RD agree to class arbitration.
- The RD Website/App shall be deemed to be used by you when it is loaded and/or continues to be loaded in the temporary or permanent memory of your mobile phone, computer or any other device or in the internet browser thereof.
- RD website/App acts as an intermediary as defined under sub-clause (w) of Section 2 of the Information Technology Act, 2000.
- In the event, you file a false complaint against another prospect on our Website /App and consequently, we have suspended/deleted that prospects profile based on your complaint, then we reserve our right to initiate appropriate legal (Civil/Criminal) action against you and claim any costs expenses from you, for such irresponsible/misrepresentation/illegal/unlawful action. We also reserve our right to suspend your profile and forfeit any amounts paid by you for the RD services as per clause 2 (b) of these terms and conditions.
- Notwithstanding anything contained herein, RD reserves the absolute right to delete, in any manner as it deems fit, any content of any profile listing placed on RD/website/App (once such instance comes to RD notice) to ensure compliance with the rules of such placement, prima facie accuracy and the prevailing laws in force, for the time being, especially those relating to providing any obscene, libellous, blasphemous, slanderous, defamatory or invasive of another person’s (deceased or alive) right of privacy or publicity, or that may reasonably be deemed to be harmful, vulgar, pornographic, abusive, harassing, threatening, hateful, objectionable to race, religion, creed, nationality, gender or otherwise unfit for reproduction; or suggests or encourages unfair or illegal /indecent, unlawful activity. RD also reserves the right to block/delete/suspend the profile which might be offensive, illegal or that might violate the rights, harm or threaten the safety of our office bearers/employees (including undue communication with any employee) and/or other registered prospects.
- In case of conflict between the terms and conditions of Website/App and terms and conditions of any other website including consortium of the portal, the terms and conditions of RD Website/App shall prevail for the service provided through this Website/App.
- After the expiry of the RD paid package, the RD member’s profiles shall remain on RD/consortium of portals from itself, until the RD member intimates the finalisation of his/her marriage/existence of the Website and intimates the website for removal/deletion of once profile.
- Your access to and use of the RD Services or any content is at your own risk. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE RD SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, RD DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. RD does not warrant that the Website/App, its servers, or e-mail sent from RD are free of viruses or other harmful components. RD will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this RD Website/App, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
- RD does not give any implied or explicit guarantee or warranty of marriage or alliance by you choosing to register on our Website/App and using RD services (both paid and free).
- You agree to provide us with your Permanent Account Number / Form 60/61 of the Income Tax Act, 1961 and rules thereunder in the event you choose any paid package of, the value of such paid package being Rs.2,00,000/- [Rupees Two Lakh Only] and above from.
- Notwithstanding anything contrary contained anywhere, under no circumstances, RD shall be held responsible or liable whatsoever or howsoever, arising out of, relating to or connected with:
- any act or omission was done by RD//payment gateway/alliance partner etc.;
- any untrue or incorrect information submitted by you or on your behalf;
- any decision taken by you or on your behalf or any consequences thereof, based on any information provided by any other user (including suspension/deletion of the profile from RD);
- any unauthorised or illegal act done by any third party relating to or connected with any information submitted by you or on your behalf;
- any cybercrime attempted or committed by anyone and
- any incident of force-majeure or 'act of god'.
- Any issue already stated in these terms and conditions including the limitation of liability clause of these terms and conditions.
- Any link to the social media provided through Trust Badge. You also understand and agree that RD is not counterchecking or authenticating the veracity of the data/photocopies of documents provided by any RD member while giving Trust Badge. RD Members are expected to counter-check the veracity of the documents submitted by the prospects while shortlisting the prospect and satisfy themselves before choosing your match through adequate efforts, initiatives and due diligence. RD does not claim the authenticity or ownership of the home or office address scheduled for an appointment as being the member’s actual or legal place of residence or employment respectively. RD Members are requested to exercise due care and caution while shortlisting the prospect and satisfy themselves before choosing your match through adequate efforts, initiatives and due diligence. RD will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this Website/App including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
- Using/availing of third-party services namely horoscope matching services etc. and paying them through the Website.
- RD shall not be liable for the outcome of any interaction in a meeting, call, SMS, chat, email or social media posts at any point in time
- Any issues relating to any technical malfunction of any telecommunication network, software, hardware failures, network congestion, denial of service, failure due to spamming or any combination of the above.
- You expressly agree that your use of this Website/App is at your sole risk.
By using our RD services you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless RD, its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, fully indemnified and harmless from any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees, made by any person through improper use of the service provided by RD. This defence and indemnification obligation will survive in perpetuity.
You agree that if we receive feedback/ complaints against your profile about the facts that you are seeking physical/financial favours from our other registered members or have provided incorrect information on our website/App or committed any unlawful/illegal activities through the use of our website/App or created a profile on our website /App by impersonation/ fake/ bogus/ false/ misrepresentation/ without consent of the person whose profile is being registered or use only part information including using a photo of third parties without the permission of such third parties or act with other members/employees in indecent/improper manner, then we/RD in good faith reserve our right to suspend/delete your profile at our sole discretion without any notice to you, we also reserve to stop all RD services to you and take any action as mentioned in clause 2 (b) of the Terms and Conditions.
RD reserves the right to forthwith terminate your RD membership, block/delete your profile and forfeit the entire amount paid as membership fee; if at any time RD, in its sole discretion, believes or has any reason to believe that, you have violated these Terms and conditions of use. We also reserve our right to file an appropriate police complaint against you, if the breach of these terms and conditions is/are criminal in nature.
- Unless otherwise provided in these Terms and Conditions, RD membership may be terminated by RD / you without assigning any reasons by serving 7 days written notice on the other, all amounts paid till date by you to RD shall be forfeited.
- Upon termination/suspension of RD membership, your right to use or access the RD Website/App RD services will cease immediately. All provisions of these terms and conditions that by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, disclaimers, and limitations of liability. Termination of your access to and use of the RD Services shall not relieve you of any obligations arising or accruing before such termination.
24. Jurisdiction and Applicable Law:
- The registration of RD membership and all RD services are deemed to have been entered into within the territorial Jurisdiction of Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- The RD Members unconditionally agree that all such disputes and/or differences if any shall be governed by the Laws of India and submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction appropriate court of law in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- You hereby, unconditionally and irrevocably confirm that you have read the terms and conditions and agree to abide by them and the information provided by you is true and correct.
25. Mode of Payment:
- Payment made by cash/cheque / Net Banking / Debit / Credit Card would be following the prevailing RBI guidelines. Activation of paid RD service shall be subject to the realization of the said payment. In case of dishonour of the Cheque/demand draft; you shall be liable to pay the applicable bank’s cheque/DD bouncing charges. Further RD service to your account will be deactivated/ suspended until you settle the value of the payment and applicable bank charges in cash.
- RD uses third-party payment gateways for the collection of credit/debit cards or other payment instruments. In case of payment gateway failure, the same would be communicated to the RD member by the payment gateway provider. RD shall not be responsible for Extra currency/conversion charges/deductions/error issues from the payment gateway. In the case of failed online transactions, which result in no services, RD offers no guarantees whatsoever for the accuracy or timeliness of the refunds reaching the Customers' card/bank accounts through the payment gateway. You agree to provide us with your Permanent Account Number / Form 60/61 of the Income Tax Act, 1961 and rules thereunder in the event you choose any paid package of, the value of such paid package being Rs.2,00,000/- [Rupees Two Lakh Only] and above from.
The payments made by RD members to RD by way of registration/membership/renewal fees are treated as non-refundable. Payment once made for RD services cannot be assigned to any person/party or adjusted towards any other product or package provided by the Company.
27. Your Mobile network:
- You acknowledge that the terms of agreement with your respective mobile network provider ('Mobile Provider') will continue to apply when using the app. As a result, you may be charged by the Mobile Provider for access to network connection services for the duration of the connection while accessing the app or any such third-party charges as may arise. You accept responsibility for any such charges that arise.
- This app is available to handheld mobile devices running the Android Operating System. We will use reasonable efforts to make the app available at all times. However, you acknowledge the app is provided over the internet and mobile networks and so the quality and availability of the app may be affected by factors outside our reasonable control. We reserve the right to add/delete/alter/modify/ suspend any or all the Services at any time as it may deem fit, without notice.
- It is our discretion to update/maintain our app or to remove any features from our app as we may think fit. We are not liable to you for any damage or alteration to your equipment including but not limited to computer equipment, handheld devices or mobile telephones as a result of the installation or use of the app. We are not liable to you for any damage or alteration to your equipment including but not limited to computer equipment, handheld devices or mobile telephones as a result of the installation or use of the app.
28. Additional terms and conditions apply to Non- Resident Indian customers.:
- Payment: All payments to RD shall be by way of Cash/Cheque/Credit/Debit Cards/Net Banking/RTGS/mobile wallets/UPI
- Class Action Suits: You and RD acknowledge that neither of us will bring or participate in any class action or other class proceeding in connection with any dispute with the other party. Further, neither you nor RD agree to class arbitration.
- Jurisdiction: The registration of RD membership and all RD services are deemed to have been entered into within the territorial Jurisdiction of Mumbai, India.
- Arbitration of Disputes: The Parties shall discuss among themselves and resolve any disputes informally. RD is always interested in attempting to resolve any Disputes by amicable and informal means, and we encourage you to contact us before resorting to arbitration. If the dispute is not resolved within 30 days from the date of such dispute, then such dispute may only be resolved through individual arbitration conducted under the provisions of The Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, by a sole arbitrator. However, Disputes relating to infringement of RD's intellectual property rights, which RD may elect to have resolved by means other than arbitration. Notwithstanding the above, both parties agree that in connection with any Dispute, our rights will be determined by an independent arbitrator and not by any Jury, Judge or Court. YOU UNCONDITIONALLY AGREE THAT ALL SUCH DISPUTES AND/OR DIFFERENCES WILL BE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF INDIA AND SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE COMPETENT COURTS IN MUMBAI, INDIA ONLY.
- Enforcement: Any proceeding to enforce this arbitration agreement may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Limitation of the period to Commence a Dispute. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, any Dispute must be filed within one (1) year after the date on which the incident giving rise to the Dispute occurred. Failure to file an arbitration claim as described above within the applicable limitations period constitutes a waiver of such claim and serves as a complete bar to any claim based on any Dispute.
RD Safety Tips
Updated on, 8 June 2020
Meeting new people is exciting, but you should always be cautious when interacting with someone you don’t know. Use your best judgement and put your safety first, whether you are exchanging initial messages or meeting in person. While you can’t control the actions of others, there are things you can do to help you stay safe during your matchmaking experience.
- Never Send Money or Share Financial Information: Never send money, especially over cash transfer, even if the person claims to be in an emergency. Transferring money like this is similar to sending cash — it’s nearly impossible to reverse the transaction or trace where the money went. Never share information that could be used to access your financial accounts. If another user asks you for money, report it to us immediately. For tips on avoiding matrimonial scams, check out some advice from the National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal on this website.
- Protect Your Personal Information: Never share personal information, such as your Aadhar/PAN number, home or work address, or details about your daily routine (e.g., that you go to a certain gym every Monday) with people you don’t know. If you are a parent, limit the information that you share about your children on your profile and in early communications. Avoid sharing details such as your children’s names, where they go to school, or their ages or genders.
- Stay on the Platform: Keep conversations on the RD platform while you’re getting to know someone. Users with bad intentions often try to move the conversation to text, messaging apps, email, or phone right away.
- Be Wary of Long Distance and Overseas Relationships: Watch out for scammers who claim to be from your country but are stuck somewhere else, especially if they ask for financial help to return home. Be wary of anyone who will not meet in person or talk on a phone/video call—they may not be who they say they are. If someone is avoiding your questions or pushing for a serious relationship without meeting or getting to know you first — that’s a red flag.
- Report All Suspicious and Offensive Behavior You know when someone’s crossed the line and when they do, we want to know about it. Block and report anyone that violates our terms. Here are some examples of violations:
- Requests for money or donations
- Underage users
- Harassment, threats, and offensive messages
- Inappropriate or harmful behaviour during or after meeting in person
- Fraudulent profiles
- Spam or solicitation including links to commercial websites or attempts to sell products or services
- You can report any concerns about suspicious behaviour from any profile page or messaging window at email@example.com.
- Protect Your Account: Be sure not to share your OTP/Password. If you receive an email/message asking for account information, report it immediately.
Millions use online matrimony services to search for a life partner and millions have successfully found their life partner online. There’s no denying that there have been a few cases of online fraud but the majority of the stories doing the rounds on social media have been found to be untrue. While we take every possible step to make your search on our site safe, here is a checklist that you should follow to stay a step ahead while looking for that perfect someone on Rishta Dobara.
- Guard your identity - never reveal all your personal information
- Start slow – Take your own time to judge people
- Watch for warning signs – Is the person trying too hard to convince you, Can a stranger be so good to someone – Is it too good to be true, etc…
- Do reference checks - ensure about your prospective partner before proceeding further
- Be careful about sending pictures to people you do not know well
- Meet when you are ready and always keep your family & friends informed.
- Safety in public - Meet your matches in safe public places only.
- Never share your passwords, bank account details or other personal information online. It could be used by a complete stranger to find out even more.
- Avoid sharing your personal information with an unknown person on various social platforms.
- Trust your instincts, and avoid any person who makes you uncomfortable.
- Don’t use your personal information as your password and keep it confidential.
- Do not transfer funds or offer financial help to any person you meet while searching for a life partner, no matter what the excuse!